Terms and Conditions
Throughout this document, the words “Strictlysocial,” “Strictlysocial, LLC,” “us,” “we,” and “our,” refer to us, Strictlysocial, LLC, our website, Strictlysocial.com , or our services, as is appropriate in the context of the use of the words. Likewise, the words “you” and “your” refer to you, the person who is being presented with this document for your agreement.
By registering for our website as a member, you are agreeing to receive regular newsletters and marketing related emails from Strictlysocial. Should you wish to be removed from our email list, you can unsubscribe or terminate your account at any time.
2. Description of Service
Strictlysocial.com is an online magazine.
Editors typically include images as part of their blog posts and the images that they are authorized to use includes the following:
- Images that are licensed from vendors
- Images that are supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press or other purposes
- Images that are supplied by readers, with the implied representation that the person submitting the image owns the copyright in the image and the right to give it to us for use on our site
- Images that are published on photo hosting sites or other public photos sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the CC license granted in each case
- Images that are commissioned by Strictlysocial
Images that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, such as:
- Thumbnail images of 150 x 150 pixels or less, cropped or reduced in size from the original source
- Images that are used to illustrate a newsworthy story, where the image itself tells a story
- Images used in a transformative manner, such as parody
- Images that are widely distributed that they have become part of the news
If Strictlysocial receives any notice that an image is posted inappropriately, such as not keeping in line with the terms listed above, we reserve the right to remove that image.
If you think we have published an image or text that violates your copyright, we will address your concerns; however, if the image falls into one of the listed categories above and we believe that our use of the image is legitimate, we will not remove it from the site.
5. Editorial Control
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or review all materials posted by any users on Strictlysocial.com, including our editorial comments. We reserve the right to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials that we believe is objectionable or violates this Agreement, the Terms & Conditions, or applicable laws or regulations. We may remove any review or comment at any time for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such review or comment), or for no reason at all, with or without notice.
We may also impose limits on certain features, restricting your access to part or the entire website if it is believed that you may be in breach of these Terms & Conditions, any applicable laws/regulations and/or for any other reason without notice or liability to us. Furthermore, it is acknowledged and agreed that, any actions taken by us to improve the user experience of the website, including monitoring and/or reviewing all materials and subsequently editing, removing or refusing to post such materials shall not be deemed to create any duty towards you nor shall it be deemed a basis for any liability against us.
6. Contest Disclaimer
The maximum number of entries per person allowed during a contest period is as the contest has specified. Any attempt by a person to submit more than the stated maximum number of entries will be disqualified from participation in such contest. Strictlysocial, LLC is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified. By participating in a contest, all entrants agree to abide by these official contest rules.
The winner(s) of a contest will be selected at random from the qualifying entries and will be contacted via email within three working days following the draw. Winner(s) must contact the person detailed in the email for confirmation and their full name will appear on the relevant Strictlysocial site. In the event that the selected winner(s) does not respond within three days, another entrant will be selected in replacement. Please note that Strictlysocial, LLC is not responsible for the payment of any customs or duties that may be incurred by contest winner(s).
In consideration for your participation in a contest, the individual, group, organization, business, spectator, or other, does hereby release and forever discharge Strictlysocial, LLC, and its officers, board and employees, jointly and severally from any and all actions, cause of actions, claim and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury including death, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in such contest.
This release extends and applies to, and also covers and includes, all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated and unsuspected injuries, damages, loss and liability and the consequences thereof including death, as well as those now disclosed and known to exist. The provision of any state, federal, local or territorial law or state providing substance that releases shall not extend to claims, demands, injuries, or damages which are known or unsuspected to exist at this time, to the person executing such release, are hereby expressly waived.
It is further understood and agreed that said participation in a contest is not to be construed as an admission of any liability and acceptance of assumption of responsibility by Strictlysocial, LLC, its officers, board and employees, jointly and severally, for all damages and expenses for which Strictlysocial, LLC, its officers, board and employees, become liable as a result of any alleged act of the contest participant.
Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Strictlysocial, LLC reserves the right to offer an alternative prize if any prize is not available or under special situation.
7. Online Community Policy
You do not have to register in order to visit Strictlysocial.com.
At any time without notice, we may, at our discretion, remove your user content from any part of our website.
When you post any comments or other material on our websites, our comments sections or elsewhere, you agree to the following:
- You must have the right to submit anything you post.
- If non-original content is included in your posting, you must obtain permission from the content owner and retain all copyright and other proprietary notices displayed on the materials.
- You must not post anything that is defamatory, slanderous, obscene, pornographic, violent, hateful, racist, harassing, fraudulent or otherwise illegal and/or objectionable. We have the sole right to determine what is objectionable.
- You must not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity, copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary right of any other party.
- You must not disrespect fellow Strictlysocial members, including by harassment, threats, bullying, trolling, or any form of discrimination and bigotry.
- You must not post anything that may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you or any person.
- You must not post anything that seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details, or by posting any child pornography or sexually suggestive content involving minors.
- You must not post anything that violates any applicable law, foreign or domestic.
- You must not post any links to content which would, if posted on our own website, violate these Terms & Conditions.
- You must not engage in unsolicited or unauthorized marketing or promotional activities, whether commercial or non-commercial, or any other form of solicitation, on our blog comments section, or anywhere else on the Strictlysocial site.
- You may not use any material from the Strictlysocial site, or post any material, in a manner that attributes a false or misleading statement to, or implies a false endorsement by, Strictlysocial or related parties.
- You must not collect, harvest or post anyone’s sensitive personal information that relates to that person’s real world or online identity including phone numbers, names, physical addresses, IP addresses, email addresses and social media profiles. Any personal information posted about yourself is at your own risk, which we highly discourage.
- You may not spam the Strictlysocial site, including the comments sections, with any embedded graphics, photographs, images, video, audio, chain letters or other material that we deem to be junk or spam.
- You must not provide any content that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
We take no responsibility for the content or share any views or statements expressed by any users on the Strictlysocial site or within our editorial comments.
You are solely responsible for your own user content and the consequences of submitting your user content to the Strictlysocial.com site. We do not guarantee any confidentiality regarding the user content you submit.
By submitting user content, you hereby grant us (and our successors and affiliates) a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform your user content, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of your user content in any media formats and through any media channels now or hereafter known. You also hereby grant each user of the website a non-exclusive license to access your user content through the website.
8. General Rules of Conduct
In addition to the requirements of our Online Community Policy above, as a part of using Strictlysocial.com, you must not:
- Hack, crack, phish, SQL inject, or otherwise threaten or actually harm the security of our systems or those of our users.
- Use any automated or non-automated means to access, copy or distribute any portion of the website or collect any information from the website, including without limitation, the use of so-called “robots”, “spiders”, “offline readers”, etc.
- Infringe on the intellectual property rights of anyone.
- Do anything that infringes on the rights of us or a third party.
- Create more than one account, use another person’s account, or allow another person to use your account.
- Advertise on our website without our permission.
- Impersonate another person or organization.
We reserve the right to terminate our service to you for reasons other than those listed here. We may terminate your account without explanation.
9. Third-Party Websites, Advertisers or Services and User-Posted Links
You agree not to copy, distribute, display, disseminate, or otherwise reproduce any of the information on our website, or our website itself, including text, graphics, illustrations, logos, button icons, images, audio, video and music, and the selection and layout of such content, without our prior written permission. This includes, but is not limited to, a prohibition on aggregating product information reviews and forum content made available on our website.
“Strictlysocial” and “Big Dreams, Good Music & Expensive Taste” are trademarks used by us, Strictlysocial, LLC, to uniquely identify our website, business, and service. You agree not to use any of our trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos anywhere without our prior written consent. Additionally, you agree not to use our trade dress, or copy the look and feel of our website or its design, without our prior written consent. You agree that this paragraph goes beyond the governing law on intellectual property law, and includes prohibitions on any competition that violates the provisions of this paragraph.
12. Revocation of Consent
Where Strictlysocial, LLC has given prior written consent for your use of our protected material in accordance with our above “Copyright” and “Trademarks” provisions, we may revoke that consent at any time. If we so request, we may require that you immediately take action to remove from circulation, display, publication, or other dissemination, any of the marks, copyrighted content, or other materials that we previously consented for you to use.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Strictlysocial, LLC and our affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees) that: (i) arise from your activities on the website; (ii) assert a violation by you of any term of these Terms & Conditions; (iii) assert that any user content you submitted to the website violates any law or infringes any third party right, including any intellectual property or privacy rights; or (iv) any breach of our General Rules of Conduct or our Online Community Policy as detailed above. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms & Conditions and your use of the website.
14. Warranty Disclaimer
We provide this website on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You therefore use the website at your own risk. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY OTHER WARRANTY THAT MIGHT ARISE UNDER ANY LAW. Without limiting the foregoing, we make no representation or warranties (i) that the website will be permitted in your jurisdiction; (ii) that the website will be uninterrupted or error-free; (iii) concerning any third party’s use of user content that you submit; or (iv) concerning any user content submitted by any other user.
15. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW: IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA OUR WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE DO NOT ACTIVELY SCREEN BLOG COMMENTS BEFORE THEY ARE UPLOADED TO OUR WEBSITE BY THIRD PARTIES AND, WHETHER OR NOT WE WOULD OTHERWISE NORMALLY BE HELD LIABLE FOR SUCH WORDS UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
THE WEBSITE IS OFFERED BY US FROM OUR FACILITIES IN CALIFORNIA. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE SITE IS APPROPRIATE OR
AVAILABLE FOR USE IN OTHER LOCATIONS. THOSE WHO ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE FROM OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO SO AT THEIR OWN VOLITION AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAW.
16. Modifications of Terms & Conditions
We may, in our sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms & Conditions at any time. Once changes are posted, these changes become effective immediately and if you use the website after they become effective, it will signify your agreement to be bound by such modifications or revisions. These Terms & Conditions cannot be changed or terminated orally. You should check back regularly and review the terms and conditions of this agreement so you are aware of the most current rights and obligations that apply to you and the terms and conditions of your agreement with us. The bottom of this Terms & Conditions page will explicitly state the “Last Updated Date”, which should indicate to you the Terms & Conditions that are currently in effect.
17. Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns or notices of violations to these terms and conditions, please contact the editor of Strictlysocial.com by sending an email to email@example.com.